We are your trusted advisor and advocate for Federal IT acquisitions.
Provide agencies with meaningful intelligence to inform and support faster, smarter IT buying decisions.
In Fiscal Year (FY) 2020, the Chief Acquisition Officers, Chief Information Officers, and Chief Information Security Officers Councils collectively stressed that more focus was needed on IT vendor relationship management to standardize technical requirements, mitigate cyber-risk, improve data quality, and further leverage the government’s buying power to drive governmentwide improvements and business transformation.
In October 2020 (FY2021), the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) established the Information Technology Vendor Management Office (ITVMO) within the Governmentwide Category Management Framework to help solve the challenges agencies face when they buy commodity IT. The lack of a unified, governmentwide IT acquisitions approach means agencies experience different prices for the same products and services, redundant acquisition efforts, and different terms and conditions.
The ITVMO advances the goals of Category Management (CM) to improve how the government buys common IT goods and services, including ensuring best pricing and eliminating duplicative contracts. As a collaborative effort between OMB and the largest Federal Acquisitions Programs, including General Services Administration (GSA), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and the Department of Defense (DOD), the ITVMO improves how the government uses acquisition intelligence to inform faster, smarter IT buying.
Our Stakeholder and Customer Network
The ITVMO exists within the complex Federal IT Acquisitions Ecosystem composed of various champions, stakeholders, customers, and partners. The ITVMO works with buyers, vehicle solution holders, and suppliers (and resellers) to drive smarter, faster IT acquisitions.
- Agency IT Buyers: The ITVMO advises and advocates on behalf of agency IT buyer needs by serving them as their federal representative. Additionally, the ITVMO supports agency IT buyers on translating governing policies and navigating the federal marketplace.
- Vehicle Solution Holders: Through the ITVMO’s Executive Steering Committee the program works with the IT Best-in-Class Vehicles to standardize requirements and increase market compliance.
- Federal and Industry Partners: The ITVMO extends its network and access to subject matter experts and resources by working across federal programs and ally organizations (e.g., Private-Public Partnerships).
- Suppliers (and Resellers): The ITVMO partners with OEMs, Small Businesses, and new entrants to solve common challenges and improve interoperability.
Why Work With Us
The ITVMO offers a coordinated voice representing all agencies to the vendor community. As agencies plan for and develop their OEM requirements and strategies they will be able to leverage ITVMO artifacts for: prices paid for similar products, standardized terms and conditions, recommended vendor negotiation strategies and best practices, and best practices for supply chain risk mitigation. By working with the ITVMO.
- Customer-focus: Trusted advisors to agency buyers with significant domain expertise.
- Convenience: One-stop shop for IT acquisition and market intelligence and resources.
- Cost Savings: Solutions to assist buyers in getting the best value (smarter, faster).
- Compliance: Strong policy acumen to inform agency acquisition strategies.
Contact Us today.
Annual Assessments and Customer Satisfaction Survey
Annually, the governmentwide ITVMO compiles and submits an annual summary of its performance. The report addresses information covering accomplishments of that fiscal year and its operational plan for the following fiscal year as follows:
- Prior year accomplishments and success stories.
- Strategic goals for following FY with key milestones.
- A list of expiring or new GWACS planned over the following.
In addition, in FY2023 the ITVMO prepared and opened an annual customer satisfaction survey for all customers and stakeholders of the organization. The survey was open from late September through early November.
The customer satisfaction survey will be used to evaluate success from the customer perspective and inform priorities and needs for the upcoming fiscal year.
The governmentwide IT Vendor Management Office was established October 1, 2020 (FY21) by joining the four major Federal Acquisition Programs from GSA, NASA, NIH, and DoD. It was created to provide a meaningful IT acquisition intelligence capability by:
- Building OEM and agency buyer relationships
- Standardizing contract terms and conditions
- Mitigating govwide operability and cyber risks
- Improving data quality and use in acquisition strategies
- Developing training for the federal acquisition workforce
To support faster, smarter IT buying decisions, governmentwide. For more on information on the ITVMO visit us at ITVMO.gsa.gov and checkout the FY2023 Annual Assessment on our recent annual accomplishments and a look at the year ahead.
Office of Management and Budget
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP) -- OFPP sets governmentwide acquisition priorities and policies, which shape the full range of federal agency procurement practices.
Office of the Federal Chief Information Officer (OFCIO) -- also known as the Office of E-Government and Information Technology (E-Gov). The OFCIO develops and provides direction in the use of technology to make it easier for citizens and businesses to interact with the Federal Government, save taxpayer dollars, and streamline citizen participation.
General Services Administration
GSA helps manage and support the basic functions of federal agencies. Primarily, the ITVMO works with the Federal Acquisition Service’s Office of Information Technology Category to assist in offering state of the art commercial products, systems, services and support to federal, state and local governments.
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
NASA is responsible for the civil space program, aeronautics research, and space research. The ITVMO works with the NASA Solutions for Enterprise-wide Procurement (SEWP) Program to help in providing the latest in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Audio-Visual (AV) products and services for all agencies and their approved contractors.
National Institute of Health
NIH is one of the world's foremost medical research centers turning discovery into health. The ITVMO works with the NIH Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center (NITAAC) , which is a full service acquisition program that administers three Government-Wide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) for information technology (IT) acquisitions.
Department of Defense
DOD is charged with coordinating and supervising all agencies and functions of the U.S. government directly related to national security and the United States Armed Forces. The ITVMO works with DOD’s Computer Hardware, Enterprise Software and Solutions (CHESS) Program . CHESS is the main provider of commercial enterprise information technology solutions, computer software, and hardware for the United States Army.
Meet the Team
Warren J. Blankenship
Deputy IT Government-wide Category Manager
Outreach Engagement, Training and Counseling
Brittany A. Chapman
IT Best In Class Manager
IT Acquisition and Vendor Senior Advisor